2019 Price Change Information
Do You Know……?
Do You Know…..what products will be impacted by the 2019 Price Change?
- The January 2019 Price Change will impact Market Dominant and Competitive products.
Do You Know…..when the Price Change will take place?
- January 13, 2019: the structural changes will occur.
- January 27, 2019: the price change will take effect.
Do You Know…..where to find more information about the 2019 Price Change?
Please visit these websites to familiarize yourself with the changes:
- BMA Page: Once on the BMA page, on the left side navigation pane, go to “2019 Price Change”. You can access webinars, Release Notes, and other information for the Price Change.
- Postal Explorer: All Postage Statement and price change details can be found on this website as well as the Federal Register Notices filed by the Mailing Standards Department of the United States Postal Service.
- PostalPro: For draft updates to publications 199, 205, and 401, mail category codes, the release overview, eDoc specifications and validations, go to:
October 10, 2018
Classification — keeping you informed about classification and mailing standards of the United States Postal Service
USPS™ Announces Proposed New Prices for 2019
The Postal Service™ filed notice with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) today of proposed price changes to take effect January 27, 2019. The new prices, if approved, include a five-cent increase in the price of a First-Class Mail® Forever® stamp from 50 cents to 55 cents. Metered letters would have a three-cent increase.
The proposed prices would raise Mailing Services product prices approximately 2.5 percent, and most of the price increases for Shipping Services products will vary by product, with Priority Mail increasing 5.9 percent, and Priority Mail Express increasing 3.9 percent. While Mailing Services price increases are limited based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI), Shipping Services prices are adjusted strategically, according to market conditions and the need to maintain affordable services for customers.
The proposed Mailing Services price changes include:
|Letters (1 oz.)
|Letters additional ounces
The proposed domestic Priority Mail Flat Rate® retail price changes are:
|Small Flat Rate Box
|Medium Flat Rate Box
|Large Flat Rate Box
|APO/FPO Large Flat Rate Box
|Regular Flat Rate Envelope
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope
PRC review and approval of the proposed prices are required before the scheduled January 27, 2019 implementation date. The complete Postal Service price filings with the new prices for all products can be found on the PRC site under the Daily Listings section at https://www.prc.gov/dockets/daily. For the Mailing Services filing, see Oct. 10, 2018, Docket No. R2019-1. For the Shipping Services filing, see Oct. 10, 2018, Docket No. CP2019-3.
The Domestic Mail Manual (DMM®) and DMM Advisories are available on Postal Explorer® (pe.usps.com)
Learn all about the different Avenues available for research
of Postal Products, Services and hot topics
The National PCC Database is intended for those business mailer representatives who would like to opt-in to receive information on various postal products, services and hot topics that are pertinent to the mailing industry. Some of the different communication vehicles included:
Industry & PCC Alerts
Mail Spoken Here
National Postal Forum
Other mailing industry news
To opt-in, mailing industry representatives should go to the PostalPro website at https://postalpro.usps.com/resources-list and scroll down to enter your email address and click on the “subscribe” button.